Officer Matthew Cubbler
Officer Matt Cubbler was hired on June 1, 2006 after spending the previous four years as a US Federal Air Marshal in the Philadelphia Field Office. Prior to that, Officer Cubbler was a police officer in Royersford Borough PD (1994-1996) and West Pottsgrove Twp. PD (1996-2002). Officer Cubbler was one of the original members of our regional SWAT team, Chester-Montgomery Emergency Response Team (CMERT), serving as the Team's training and firearms instructor as well as an assistant team leader. Officer Cubbler is also a US Army Persian Gulf War Veteran, serving as an intelligence analyst from 1989 to 1993.
- NRA Firearms Instructor
- H&K MP-5/sub-machine gun instructor
- Basic and Advanced SWAT
- D.A.R.E. Instructor
- Expert in aircraft anti-hijacking tactics and maneuvers
- Expertly trained in counter-terrorism and airline safety
- Running, basketball, baseball and hockey (huge Philadelphia sports fan)
- Enjoys spending his free time writing
- Proud member of the PA Free and Accepted Masons, Warren Lodge #310, Collegeville, PA
- Spending time with his family
Officer Cubbler is also a published author; having published a memoir in February of 2006 entitled A Brother's Love: A Memoir. This book chronicles his life growing up with his learning disabled brother, Andy, who tragically died in an automobile accident in 1989. Proceeds from the book are being donated to two scholarship funds he established in Andy's name that will benefit children with physical and learning disabilities.
Officer Cubbler resides in the Limerick area with his wife, Lauren and their two children.